Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thank you, Regina Leeds!

I couldn't wait to post another video. I've been driving everyone crazy with my evangelism of this amazing book, One Year to an Organized Life. In the few weeks I have been reading it, I have had epiphany after epiphany about things in my life that have needed only simple changes. It is so hard scheduling your life practically and efficiently around having children to take care of. At least for me.

One thing that I have changed is my morning routine. I wouldn't say I even changed my existing routine because there wasn't one before!!! Previously, I found myself scrambling to get myself and the kids ready for their various activities and everyone winds up stressed. I wondered why my son would melt down every time we had to go anywhere. It was because of ME. Since making this confession to myself, I have turned over a new leaf. And everyone is benefiting from it.

I set my outfit for the day out the night before. Instead of sitting on my computer while the kids watch their morning shows, I am getting dressed and putting my make up on so by the time their couple of shows are over, I am ready for anything! This is a breath of fresh air. It's a relief. Even my practical, organized, mildly OCD husband said to me last night (and I quote), "Baby, you really are doing a good job!" Wow, that felt good. Phew. This is exactly the kind of change we needed. And it began with me!

This quote continues to resonate with me and can be applied to anything: There is a place for everything and everything belongs in its place.

Blessings,
Kristin

No comments: